Tuesday 26 June 2012

Murphy's Law

Sorry it's been a while since my last blog. I confess I have been too busy laughing at nut jobs who think that there are Defence personnel out there who would be concerned about army wives squabbling on Facebook.

Lol.

So before I get the giggles again I am going to rant about some dude named Murphy and his stupid freaking law. 

I live a fairly normal, drama free life. That is until my husband is away. Whether he is deployed, out bush or on a course, as soon as he leaves, old Murphy* and his law drop in and bring with them plenty of chaos. "What's that?" he says, "Your kids have been healthy all year? Well time for a bout of explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting! You didn't really like those curtains anyway did you?". Okay so the kids are sick and I'm on my own. No problems. I've done this before! Sleep is overrated anyway. I'm just happy our brand new car is reliable and I won't have any issues driving them to the doctor. "Wrong!" exclaims Murphy. "What you really want is a computer glitch so your car won't start!" And just when you think everything is humming along nicely... you hear Murphy shout "Someone has skimmed your credit card and the bank has cancelled it. BOOM!" Okay great. It will only take 3 days till I have access to my own money again :-/

After what seems like an eternity, hubby arrives home and Murphy and his law mysteriously vanish. Ah...how's the serenity? No sickness, no problems and everything runs smoothly.

Bugger. But now hubby is annoying me and I'm secretly looking forward to that next bush trip. Hopefully I will make it through without having Murphy pay us a visit.

Until next time,

C.

*Please note that in my mind, Murphy sounds like the prize announcer on the Price is Right so to get the full effect of this post, that is how you should read this :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment